Our Mission & Values
The NMH Foundation’s Mission
The NMH Foundation raises funds for The National Maternity Hospital at Holles Street, which provides world class perinatal, neonatal, and maternal care to more than 7,000 patients every year.
Driven by our desire to help women and babies, thrive, arrive, survive, our focus is on advancing women's health and neonatal care in Ireland. We raise vital funds to invest in research, to provide vital equipment and technology within the hospital, and to support the work of the care teams and support services caring for mothers and tiny babies at The National Maternity Hospital 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The NMH Foundation’s Values
- Care – we believe in excellence in care, that mums and babies deserve the best and we mirror this with our promise to take good care of the trust people put in us with their donations and support.
- Impact – we are committed to making the biggest possible impact with the funding we have available so we will use funding wisely, and support long term, preventative and ambitious programmes. We will invest in the areas that we know will generate the greatest funding return.
- Respect - we respect all our patients, and partners, and as such will tell their moving stories in a way that protects and respects our patient’s lives, with empathy and kindness, but always portraying the truth, real people, real outcomes, told as sensitively as possible. We respect all staff, and donors and volunteers.
- Hopefulness - we know how important it is to advance care through research. We are eternally hopeful that this goal, and our funding, can and will change lives and help women and babies, thrive, arrive, survive.
- Leadership – we are committed to playing a leadership role in funding research for new born and maternal health, babies who come too early, and babies who are born very sick or with challenges. We are committed to understanding this and solving it.