The National Maternity Hospital Foundation is challenging you, your family, friends, sports clubs, colleagues, and company to brave the cold this December and take a dip together in the sea, lake or an ice cold bath to raise vital funds to help babies arrive, survive and thrive!
- Create your JustGiving fundraising page here https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/DecemberDip by clicking the orange button ‘Start Fundraising’ and follow the steps. Set your fundraising goal and spread the word far and wide!
- Ask your family, friends, clubs, colleagues and company to get involved
- Pick a date in December
- Choose a suitable and safe swimming spot
- Share your swim photos this December and please tag us on social media to make sure we can see them.
- Help babies arrive, survive & thrive!
Cold water swimming is great for your health - boosting the immune system and reducing stress and the wonderful thing about this challenge is that you can do it anywhere and anytime in December. It is also a great challenge for team building and moral boosting!
This December, up to 750 babies will be born in the The National Maternity Hospital, Holles Street. Take a dip to help babies arrive, survive and thrive!
Once your fundraising page has raised the E20 registration, you will receive a unique NMH Foundation Santa Hat as a special thank you for your support! (Limited number of Santa Hats.)
If you have any questions at all or want help with creating your page, please reach out to the NMH Foundation team on email@example.com or 01 637 3372 and we will be delighted to help you.
ALWAYS REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR SAFETY FIRST!
Guidelines and advice on open water swimming:
- Never swim alone
- Make sure you can be seen
- Check the wind and weather forecast
- Check the tides by using an app such as ‘Tides Near Me’ and remember that it is much safer to swim on a rising tide than on a falling tide
- For less experienced swimmers, swim within your depth and stay within your depth
- Listen to your body and tailor your swim to how you are feeling on the day
- Be aware of other dangers such as weaver fish and jellyfish
- If you have a medical condition, please consult with your doctor before taking to open water swimming
For more, please see https://watersafety.ie/open-water-swimming/
*Please note this December Dip challenge is for adults and not recommended for children. December Dippers take part in this event at their own risk.